week night stir-fry
Look, I’m not a chef. I’m not even a gourmet cook. But what I am is a busy mom trying to feed my family healthy food fast.
Some nights I barely have time to breathe, let alone make a 3 course meal.
Chop vegetables? Handle raw meat? Uhhhh…..
So I started searching for shortcuts. Ways to get food on the table faster without sacrificing things like vegetables and lean protein.
Enter Week Night Stir-Fry. Fancy name, I know. But hey, I only have 10 minutes to cook. I certainly don’t have time to come up with a catchy name.
So here goes…
This meal requires a bit of prep ahead of time. I always prepare some sort of lean protein on Sunday so that comes in handy here.
I also utilize bagged stir-fry vegetables…washed and chopped?? YES!!
Microwave rice…yes microwave rice is my saving grace in this recipe. I always make sure to have a few bags of microwave brown rice on hand.
Week Night Stir-Fry
Time: 10 minutes (tops)
1 bag microwave rice
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 lb cooked chicken breast- chopped into bite-size pieces (you could totally use other lean protein here)
1 bag prechopped stir-fry vegetables
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 T hoisin sauce
1. Get your rice going in the microwave.
2. While that cooks, preheat your pan over high heat. The goal is to cook quickly. A super hot pan is essential.
3. Add 1 T sesame oil to hot pan. Add chicken. Saute until chicken is heated and slightly seared. Remove from pan.
4. Add veggies to pan and cook for 4-6 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
5. Add chicken and rice to the vegetables.
6. Add 2 T soy sauce and 1 T hoisin sauce and stir until combined. Cook for 2 more minutes to allow the sauce to absorb.
Now bask in the glory of a hot meal on the table in under 10 minutes!
Looking for more quick and easy recipes?? Get on my email list and be the first to know when new recipes are posted! Click HERE