The holidays are here and the question keeps coming up “what do you want for Christmas?” I always seem to run out of ideas to give people so I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite fitness related things. Hopefully this helps take some of the stress out of your holiday shopping.
- Back Buddy Jr. This is a trigger point massager with knobs specially designed for those gnarly spots we all get. I use mine on my traps and lats religiously.
- Custom Jump Rope. As an adult, jump roping is much more challenging than when we were kids. Having a good rope is very helpful. RX Jump Ropes from RX Smart Gear are some of the most popular. This can be a tricky gift to buy ahead of time since they are custom to each individual but a gift card could be a good work around.
- I will issue the disclaimer that I do not own one but I have heard nothing but rave reviews about how “life changing” this next item is. The Instant Pot is the new “it” kitchen item. Electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, etc. Will it do my laundry and clean my house? If so, give me 3! But I digress. I’m all for fast and easy so this one is definitely on my own Christmas list.
- Headspace is an app I’ve been using for several months and I can honestly say it’s the first time I’ve been successful with meditation. I love the approach and the coaching in each session. I would highly recommend this for anyone on your list. You can gift a Headspace subscription by a month or a year.
- The last item on this list is Personal Training sessions. Anyone from a beginner to an advanced athlete can benefit from one on one time with a Personal Trainer.
So there it is. My top 5 gift ideas for your fitness friends. What’s on your list this year? What would you add?